The West Bengal Government came up with an initiative named Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana. Through this initiative the state govt. aims to provide crop insurance coverage to the farmers of the state. The scheme primarily focuses on the crops of the Kharif season. West Bengal is considered the 4th largest state of the nation in terms of population. The primary occupation of a major part of the state’s population is agricultural activities. Rice, Barley, Potatoes, Pulses, etc are the prime cultivation of the state, and not just this, around 66% of the jute requirement of India is catered by West Bengal.
Agriculture being the employment of a major part of the state’s population, it is essential for the state government to empower the farmers through multiple welfare schemes and policies to grow the agriculture sector of the state. Bangla Fasal Bima Yojana, Krishak Bandhu Yojana are some of the agricultural initiatives that the state govt. has taken in the past. This new initiative Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana came into existence in 2019. The Agriculture Insurance Company of India is responsible to provide crop insurance coverage to the farmers of the state. Crop loss can happen due to various reasons like natural calamity, crop disease, etc. with the fear of crop loss the farmers are not able to perform at their maximum potential and efficiency because that is their sole occupation.
The Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana will make the farmers of the state more financially secure in case of any crop damages or loss. This sense of security and safety will definitely add up in their efficiency. The state government has plans to add more beneficiaries to the scheme and make the total number of beneficiaries around 60 lakh farmers. For the implementation of the scheme the government initially allocated and spent around Rs. 450 crores. According to the last report from the officials, the Bangla Shasya Bima scheme has benefitted around 46 lakh farmers so far.
New beneficiaries are being added for the Rabi Season of 2021, farmers who want to avail the benefits of this scheme can fill the application form and apply for the scheme. Click here to download the application form in pdf format. Sharecropper or landless farmers are also included in the beneficiary list of the scheme. The state government is looking for more technological upgrades through which they can speed up the process of claim settlement.
Register for the Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana
Follow the registration procedure given below to register for the BSB yojana of West Bengal.
- Open the official portal of Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana by clicking on this link or using this URL, banglashasyabima.net.
- Click on the register button given on the homepage of the official portal.
- On a new page, the registration form page will open where the users are required to fill in the following details:
- Stakeholder & type
- User Roles
- Applicant’s name, email, mobile number, etc
- After filling in all the required details setup your password and click on the sign up button.
If you are a farmer of Haryana state, then must check the Meri Fasal Mera Byora scheme to get benefits in crop purchases.
Check the application status of Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana
- From the homepage of the official BSB portal of West Bengal, select the application status option.
- The application status tracking page will open.
- On the status tracking page the users are required to fill in their application id and click on the search button.
Check insurance Coverage on banglashasyabima.net Portal
To check your insurance coverage on the banglashasyabima.net portal, follow the procedure given below.
- Select the farmer corner option given on the homepage of the official portal.
- On the new page that will open, the users are required to fill in the following information:
- voter id card number
- Now click on the check button and the provided information will be validated and after that, your insurance coverage details will show up on the screen as shown in the image below.
Insurance Premium Rates to be paid by the farmers
In some cases, the farmers needs to pay a subsidised premiuim amount to benefit from the scheme, the premium amount list is given below.
Login on the banglashasyabima.net Portal
- To login on the official portal of Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana, click on the login button given on the homepage of the official portal.
- The login page will open where the users are required to fill in the following details:
- Email id
- After filling in all these details click on the login button. For reference check out the image given below
For Crop Loss reporting
If the farmers of West Bengal faces any crop loss due to any reason, they can report it on the Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana portal, the procedure for the same is given below.
- Click on the report crop loss option given on the homepage of the official portal.
- A new window will open where the details of insurance companies are given such as their contact numbers, email ids, etc
- For reference check out the image given below.
- Acquire the required details from there and contact the insurance company through the contact details given.
Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana Helpdesk
|Timings||10:00 A.M.- 6:00 P.M|