BSCC or the Bihar Student Credit Card schemeis an initiative by the govt. of Bihar. This initiative was taken by the state government to help the students of the state who are willing to continue their higher studies but fails to do so due to their financial conditions. The state government has come up with a portal named 7nishchay on which there are 3 crucial schemes for the youth of the state. The other 2 initatives are MNSSBY ( Mukhyamantri Nischay Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojna ) & KYP ( Kushal Yuva Program ). All of these schemes can be accessed on the 7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in portal.
Under the BSCC a financial support is provided to the students of the state who have cleared their intermediate or 12th class from a school or instituition that is associated with the Bihar Government. This financial support is provided to them so that they can continue their higher studies. Bihar state was seeing decrease in the GER ( Gross Enrollment Ratio ) and one of the major reason behind students not continuing to higher studies in the state is lack of finances.
For various G2C and G2B services in Bihar, check out the Right to Public Service portal of Bihar.
Schemes on the 7nishchay Portal of Bihar
|BSCC ( Bihar Student Credit Card )|
|MNSSBY ( Mukhyamantri Nischay Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojna )|
|KYP ( Kushal Yuva Program )|
BSCC, MNSSBY or KYP Application Procedure
If any aspiring student of Bihar wants to apply for the Bihar student credit card, MNSSBY or the KYP scheme then we recommend going through the eligibility criteria given below. If you fulfil the eligibility guidelines then follow the application procedure given below.
- Open the official portal of the schemes by clicking on this link or using this URL, 7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in portal.
- Click on the new application registration option given on the homepage of the official portal.
- The credential generation page will open where the users are required to fill in the following details:
- Applicant’s name
- Email id
- Aadhaar number
- Mobile number ( make sure your Aadhaar is linked with the provided mobile number because you need to verify it with OTP )
- An OTP will be sent on the given email id as well which is required to be verified.
- Finally click on the submit button and you will receive your registration number and password on the provided mobile number.
- Use those credentials to login on the portal from the homepage as shown in the image below.
- After signing in, the applicants are required to select the scheme which they want to apply for.
- After selecting from the given options according to your requirement, click on the apply button.
- In this case we are selecting the BSCC ( Bihar Student Credit Card scheme ) so the BSCC application form page will open as shown in the image below. If the user select KYP or MNSSBY then the application form for those pages will open and rest of the process is similar.
- Now fill in the following information:
- Personal information
- Residential information
- Income information
- Details of Loan request section
- Bank details
- Repayment details
- After filling and checking all these details simply submit the application form to complete your BSCC application.
Eligibility Guidelines for BSCC
- This scheme is for the youth of Bihar so the applicant must be a resident of Bihar.
- The maximum age cap is 25 years and in case of PG courses it should not exceed 30 years.
- A prefered CIBIL score of the student is 700 or above.
- The students must have completed their 10th or 12th from a recognized board.
These are some of the basic eligibility guidelines which the students must fulfill to become eligible for the BSCC scheme of Bihar. To check the full list of all the eligibility guidelines, we recommend visiting the official portal of the scheme.
Eligibility Guidelines for MNSSBY
- Only Residents of Bihar can be eligible for this scheme
- Age cap is 21 years to 35 years.
- The applicants must have cleared 12th class.
- The annual income cap is Rs. 3 lakhs
- A bank account is required to get the benefit of the scheme.
List of Documents required for the application
|10th and 12th standard Marksheets|
|Admission proof of higher education|
Full list of all the required documents can be checked while applying for the scheme on the official portal.
KYP ( Kushal Yuva Program )
Under the Kushal Yova Program, skill training is provided to the students who have completed the 10th standard. Skill training includes computer skills, communication skills, etc. Learning additional skill will provide these students an edge over the other students. Applications for the KYP scheme of Bihar can be done on the 7nishchay-yuvaupmission.bihar.gov.in portal. The age criteria for this scheme is 15 to 25 years.
MNSSBY ( Mukhyamantri Nischay Swayam Sahayata Bhatta Yojna )
This scheme is specifically initiated for the unemployed youth of the state. Through this scheme the state government provides an unemployment allowance to the eligible and deserving candidates. A sum of Rs. 1000 is given to the beneficiaries every month so that it can help them with their daily expenses.
Check the Application status of the BSCC, MNSSBY or KYP
To check the status of your BSCC application, follow the procedure given below.
- Click on the application status option given on the homepage of the official portal.
- The application status tracking page will open where the users are required to fill in the following details:
- Select from Registration id or Aadhaar number
- After filling in these details, click on the submit button and the status of your BSCC application will show up on the screen.
Usage of the Bihar Student Credit Card
The Student Credit Card of Bihar can be used to pay for the following:
- Hostel, College or school fee
- Additional expenses like Library fee, Examination fee, etc.
- For purchase of Books, equipments, uniform, etc
- Any other expense which is must for the completion of the course.
Interest & Charges
The interest rate or charges for the Bihar Student Credit Card is 4% of simple interest, for women, disabled or transgenders it is 1%.
Objectives of the BSCC
The objective behind the launch of Bihar Student credit card scheme is to increase the GER or the Gross enrolment Ratio. The vision behind it was to not let any aspiring student discontinue his/her higher studies due to financial backwardness. Proper implementation of this scheme can lead to higher literacy rate in Bihar.
BSCC Help desk
|Contact Number||1800 3456 444|