The government of Telangana came up with an initiative to empower the brides of the state, it is a welfare scheme named Kalyana Lakshmi. Under the Kalyana Lakshmi scheme a financial support is provided to the brides who comes from economically weaker section of the state. The state government made sure to keep this welfare scheme out of the religious barriers so they initiated 2 similar schemes with different names. Kalyana Lakshmi scheme is for the brides who belong to Hindu community and Shadi Mubaraka Scheme is for the brides whi belong to Muslim community.
Initially the scheme was announced back in 2014 and the financial aid amount announced at the time of scheme launch was Rs. 51,000. 3 years later the amount was increased to Rs. 75,000 and in 2018 it was further increased to Rs. 1,00,116. The state government allocated a sum of Rs. 2750 crores for the implementation of Kalyana Lakshmi scheme and Shadi Mubarak scheme in the state. The state government has stated that till now the scheme has benefitted more than 8 lakh beneficiaries and a sum of Rs. 6,480 crores is spent for the implementation of the scheme.
Apply for Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme
The state government has provided ease to the brides who want to benefit from this scheme, they can easily apply for the Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme online. Follow the procedure given below to apply for the scheme.
- Open the Epass portal of Telangana by clicking on this link or using this URL, telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in.
- Click on the Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme option given on the homepage of the official Epass portal of Telangana.
- A new page will open where you need to select from the Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme and Shadi Mubarak schemes.
- Select from the 2 options according to your requirement and click on the registration button given on the page as shown in the image below.
- The application form page will open on the basis of your scheme selection.
- Now fill in the information asked for in the application form like Beneficiary name, father/mother name, DOB, Adhar details, Qualification details, etc. We have provided an image of the Kalyana Lakshmi application form below for your reference.
- Now upload the required documents on the portal and submit your application form. We have provided a list of documents that are required for Kalyana Lakshmi scheme application below.
Note:- Employees of Telangana govt. must check the IFMIS portal of Telangana to avail of various services and benefits offered by the government.
Documents required for Scheme Application
To check the full list of all the documents which are required to apply for the Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme or the Shadi Mubarak scheme, we recommend visiting the official Epass Portal. We have provided a list of some of the main documents required for scheme application below.
|Bride’s photo and age proof|
|Identity proof ( Aadhaar card of bride and her mother )|
|Ist Marriage Confirmation Certificate|
|VRO/Panchayat Secretary Approval Certificate|
|Bridegroom’s Aadhaar card|
|Scanned passbook of the bride and her mother|
Eligibility Guidelines for Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme
There are some eligibility guidelines which the applicant has to fulfil to become a beneficiary of the Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme.
- The applicant must be a resident of Telangana and she should have attained the legal age of marriage which is 18 years or above.
- All the applicants coming from the following categories are eligible for the scheme:
- Scheduled Caste
- Scheduled Tribes
- Economically Backward Classes
- The annual income of the applicant’s family should not be more than Rs. 2,00,000 in urban areas and Rs. 1,50,000 for the applicants coming from Backward Classes from the rural areas of the state.
- The benefit under the Kalyana Lakshmi scheme is limited to one marriage. If the applicant is applying to become a beneficiary under this scheme for her second marriage then she is not eligible for the scheme.
Track the Status of Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme Application
If you are an applicant of the Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme of Telangana and want to check the status of your application then follow the procedure given below.
- Open the official epass portal of Telangana through this URL, telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in.
- Click on the Kalyana Lakshmi option given on the homepage of the official portal.
- A new page will open where you need to click on the prin/status option given in fornt of the Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme tab as shown in the image given below.
- The status checking page will open where the applicant is required to fill in the bride’s Aadhaar number and phone number.
- Now click on theget status and print button given below.
For revision in the Scheme Application form
Applicants who wants to make some changes in the details provided at the time of scheme application are required to follow the procedure given below to do the same.
- Click on the Kalyana Lakshmi option given on the homepage of the official Epass portal.
- On the new page that will open, select the edit/uploads option which is given just below the print/status option.
- A new page will open where the user is required to fill in the Marriage ID and phone number to authentiate the application.
- Click on the get details button and the details of your Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme application will show up, you can click on the edit button and make the necessary changes in the application form.
- After making the required changes in your scheme application form, click on the save or submit button given below.
File a Grievance online
For any grievance realted to the Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme, users can file it online by following the procedure given below.
- Click on the Grievance option given on the homepage of the official Epass portal of Telangana.
- On the new page that will open, select the New Grievance Registration option.
- The Grievance Submission page will open where you are required to fill in the following details:
- Scheme ( which is Kalyana Lakshmi in this case )
- Type of Grievance
- Application ID
- Grievance in detail
- User can also upload any document related to his/her grievance.
- After filling in all this information, click on the submit button.
Track the status of your Grievance
From the grievance page of the official Epass portal, click on the Check your Grievance Status option and the grievance tracking page will open. Fill in your grievance id and click on the track my grievance button.
Kalyana Lakshmi Scheme Helpdesk
|Timings||10:30 A.M to 5 P.M on Working Days|