NVSP or the National Voters Services Portal is an initiative by the Indian government through which the govt. provides electoral services to the people. People can access various services like electoral roll, voter id application, changes or correction in voter id, details on polling booth, etc. on the NVSP portal. The portal is developed under the ECI ( Election Commission of India ) and it came into existence on a special occasion of National Voters’ Day 2015. With the help of technology, the objective behind the portal was to provide a single-window service platform to the voters of the Nation.
The official portal can be accessed at nvsp.in
The Indian government has various portals to provide different services to the people of the nation one of which is the Sarathi Parivahan portal, through this portal people can access services related to the Ministry of Road Transport.
Services offered on the NVSP Portal
|Name search in Electoral List|
|Deletion/objection, Correction in electoral roll|
|Voter Id enrollment, changes, modification & update related services|
|Application status tracking|
|Polling booth details|
|overseas voter registration|
New User Registration on NVSP
Users can easily register on the NVSP portal by following the procedure given below and benefit from the services and information provided on the portal.
- Open the official portal of NVSP by clicking on this link or using this URL, nvsp.in
- Click on the login/register option given on the homepage of the official portal.
- The login page will open where you need to click on the register as new user option. for reference check out the image given below.
- Now the registration page will open where the users are required to first verify their mobile number through OTP.
- After the OTP verification, on the new page select if you have an EPIC number or not and fill in your email and setup the password for your account then click on the submit button.
New Voter Application
- After the registration procedure log in to your account for the voter application procedure.
- Click on the Register as a new voter option given on your account dashboard page on the NVSP portal.
- The form 6 page will open where the users are required to fill in various details like:
- personal details
- family details
- residential details
- contact details and more such details
- after filling in all the required details in the form 6, now the users are required to upload all the required documents.
- After uploading the required documents, submit the application form.
For duplicate voter id applications, the users are required to fill in the EPIC-002 Form on the NVSP portal.
Track your Application Status on NVSP
To check the status of your voter id application, follow the procedure given below.
- Click on the track application status option given on the homepage of the official portal.
- The online application status tracking page will open where the users are required to fill in the reference id then click on the rack status button. for reference check out the image given below.
Search name in the electoral roll
- From the homepage of the official NVSP portal, click on the search in electoral roll option.
- A new page will open where the users are required to select from the 2 search options which are as follows:
- Search by details
- Search by EPIC number
- Now the users are required to fill in information according to the option selected by them.
- On selecting the search by details option, the users are required to fill in the following details:
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Assembly Constituency
- After filling in all these details click on the search button as shown in the image below.
- On selecting search by EPIC number, the users are required to fill in the following details:
- EPIC Number
- After filling in these details, click on the search button.
Download e-EPIC from nvsp.in portal
- To download the e-EPIC open the official portal of NVSP and from the homepage, click on the e-EPIC download option.
- Now login to your account though your registered email or mobile number and password.
- Once your account dashboard opens, click on the download E-EPIC card option given on your account dashboard.
- Your EPIC card will show up in pdf format and you can also download it from there.
For Constituency, Electoral officer & Party Representative details
To get information such as Assembly / parliamentary / constituency details, BLO or Electoral officer details & Political party representative information, follow the procedure given below.
- From the homepage of the official NVSp portal, click on the Know your option.
- Now a new page will open where the users can search all these details through 2 options which are as follows:
- search by EPIC number
- Search by address
- Fill in your EPIC number or Address according to the selection of option and click on the search button as shown in the image given below.
For Modification or Correction in Voter ID
- Log in to your account dashboard on the NVSP portal and from your account dashboard, click on the correction of entries in electoral roll option.
- The form 8 will open where the users can make the required changes in details.
- Verify your provided details through attaching the required documents
- After verifying the updated details, submit the form 8 on the NVSP portal.