Sarathi Parivahan is an initiative of the Ministry of Road Transport, Government of India. It is an online portal through which the ministry of road transport has digitalized more than 1000 RTO’s across India. Sarathi Parivahan portal can be accessed at sarathi.parivahan.gov.in and through this portal people can access various benefits & services with ease and convenience. Services like driving license applications, slot booking, and multiple other services related to the transport department. Users can avail the information on all the services offered on the Sarathi Parivahan portal, from license application to checking the status from below. This portal is not for a specific state so every Indian can benefit from it.
Services Offered on the Sarathi Parivahan Platform
There are multiple services which Indian residents can avail of from sarathi parivahan and some of them are listed below.
|Learner Driving License Services|
|Permanent Driving License Services|
|License for commercial vehicles|
|Duplicate driving license|
|License related appointment booking|
|Driving license Search|
To know more about the initiatives of central government of India, checkout the Central Govt. Schemes section of Infokendra Portal.
Learning License Application on the Sarathi Parivahan Portal
There are various services related to Learning DL which users can avail of from the official portal like:
- Renewal & Changes services
- Online test slot booking
- Sample questions for learning license test
For applications, follow the procedure given below.
- Open the official portal of Sarathi Parivahan by clicking on this link or using this URL, sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
- Click on the Driver / learner license option given under Driving Licence Related Services tab on the homepage o the official portal.
- A new tab will appear where the users are required to select their state.
- After selecting your state, the transport department page of your selected state will open.
- Click on the Apply for learner license option given on that page as shown in the image below.
- After that a new page will open where the stages of application are mentioned which are as follows:
- Application details filling
- Learning License Fee Payment
- Pay status verification
- Documents Submission
- Slot Booking
- Click on the continue button & a new page will open where the applicant is required to select from the following options:
- The applicant holds a Learner Licence
- The applicant holds Driving Licence
- The applicant does not hold a Driving/ Learner Licence
- As this is the application for learner license, select the Applicant does not hold Driving/ Learner Licence option.
- Now on the new page fill in your mobile number and verify it through OTP.
- Finally, the application form page will open where the user is required to carefully fill in all the important details asked for in the form.
- Now comes the second stage of fee payment.
- Click on the proceed to make payment option given on the page and the user will be redirected to the payment page.
- After the payment makes sure to keep the payment receipt safe for future use.
To check the status of the payment, click on the check payment status option given on the page of transport department of the selected state on the Sarathi Parivahan Portal. A new page will open where you need to enter your application number and DOB then click on the submit button. The payment details will show up on the screen.
- On the next page click on the upload documents option and a new page will open.
- Here you need to fill in your application number and DOB as shown in the image below.
- Click on the submit button and on the new page that will open, select from the list of ducments which you want to upload.
- After selecting the documents upload them and click on the next button.
- With all the documents the users are required to upload their photo and signature as well.
By following the similar process, people can apply for the IDP ( International driving permit ) from the Sarathi Parivahan Portal.
The documents required for Learner License online application
|Passport size photo|
Book Learner License Test Slot
After completing the form filling and submission, the next step is to book the slot for test. Follow the procedure given below to do the same.
- Click on the appointments option given on the official transport department page of your selected state on the Sarathi Parivahan portal.
- A new page will open where the users are required to fill in the following details:
- Application Number
- Applicant’s DOB
- Click on the submit button after filling in the details mentioned above.
- A code will be sent to the registered mobile number which the user is required to fill on that page for verification purposes. For reference check out the image given below.
- A new page will open after this, from there the users can select the date, time and book his/her license test slot online. For reference, we have provided an image below for the same.
- After selecting the date, select the preferable time and click on the save or submit button.
- Make sure to download & save the acknowledgment slip after completing the slot booking process.
DL Renewal & Duplicate DL application on Sarathi Parivahan Portal
- From the transport department page of your state on the sarathi.parivahan.gov.in, click on the application for renewal or apply for duplicate license option according to your requirement.
- A new page will open where the stages of application and other important guidelines are mentioned. After going through the information click on the continue button.
- On the new page fill in your Driving License Number & DOB then click on the proceed button as shown in the image below
After that a new page will open where the users are required to provide all the information asked for on that page in case of duplicate license. In case of renewal of license, furthure more information, documents and test slot booking is required.
For Changes in the Driving License
Users who want to apply for some changes in their driving license like change in address, mobile number, etc. can follow the procedure given below to do the same.
- Address change and mobile number update options are given on the transport department page of the selected state.
- Click on the options according to your requirement and a new page will open.
- A new page will open where all the stages of change application are mentiones, scroll down and click on the continue button.
- Now fill in your license number and DOB then click on the submit button
- A new page will open where you can make the required changes in your license, with that you will be required upload the documents supporting your address change.
- In case of mobile number update, the process can be completed with OTP verification as well.
Track the application status on sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
- Click on this link and it will redirect you to the status tracking page of the Sarathi Parivahan Portal.
- FIll in your application number and date of birth then click on the submit button.
- After submitting the details, your application status will show up on the screen.
Search Driving License on sarathi.parivahan.gov.in
- Click on the DL search option from the transport department page.
- The driving license search page will open where the user is required to fill in the following details:
- DL number
- Licence Holder Name
- Issued Date
- Mobile Number
- Bloog Group
- After filling in all these details click on the search button and the DL will show up according to the details provided by the user. For reference check out the image given below.
Sarathi Parivahan Helpdesk
|Timings||6 am to 10 pm|