The government of Tamil Nadu initiated a portal named TNPDS which can be accessed at tnpds.gov.in, to digitalize the smart ration card registration & distribution system in the state. On the TNPDS portal of Tamil Nadu, people of the state get access to various information, services & schemes such as food security, consumer protection, etc. There are multiple types of ration cards that are given by the govt. of the state and they have also come up with a new smart ration card which people of the state can acquire and benefit from. The full form of TNPDS is Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System.
Digitalising these services made it easy and convenient for the people of the state to access all these services through their smartphones only. With that, it is also beneficial for the govt. and authorities to keep a track of all these services digitally which will bring in transparency and efficiency. Residents of Tamil Nadu can get all the information on the application procedure of smart ration cards types of ration cards in Tamil Nadu, checking the status of your smart ration card, and all other important information from below. Users can also download the mobile application of TNPDS to access all these services and benefits from their mobile-only ( Application links are given below ).
TNPDS Digital Ration Card Types
The 4 types of smart ration cards provided on the tnpds.gov.in portal are given below.
|Ration Card Type||Use|
|No commodity card||For ineligible people to receive commodities from the fair price shops|
|Light green card||issue essential commodities from the fair price shops|
|white cards||Provision of extra 3kg sugar|
|khaki cards||For inspector level police personnel|
For various G2C services and benefits in Tamil Nadu, we recommen residents to know more about the Tnreginet portal of Tamil Nadu.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Application
Residents of Tamil Nadu gets both online aand offline smart ration card application facilities from the state government. To apply for the smart ration card of Tamil Nadu. follow the offline or online procedure given below.
- Open the official portal of TNPDS by clicking on this link or using this URL, tnpds.gov.in.
- Click on the smart card application option given on the homepage of the official portal under the Smart Card Application Services tab.
- Now the application form page will open where the applicant is required to fill in a variety of details as shown in the form image given below.
- After filling in all this information, the applicant is required to upload the required documents on the form page like residence proof, photo, etc. A full list of all the required documents for the smart card application is given below.
- Now click on the submit button to submit your application on the portal. After submission the applicant will receive an application number or id which will be used further for application status tracking.
For Offline Applications
For offline applications, the applicant is required to visit the nearest ration shop which is associated with the government. Applicants can get the application form from there or if you want to download the application form online only, then click here. Now fill out the form with all the required details and attach all the essential documents with it then submit it to the nearest concerned department office.
Documents required for the ration card application
|Minority or Caste certificate if any|
Please note that the final list of all the required documents for TNPDS Smart Ration Card application can be checked on the official portal at the time of application.
Check Ration Card Application Status On TNPDS Portal
Keep your smart card application id or number with you and follow the procedure given below.
- Click on the smart card application status option given on the homepage of the tnpds.gov.in portal.
- The application status tracking page will open where you need to fill in your application number or the reference numberthen click on the submit button as shown in the image below.
For Changes in Smart Ration Card
TNPDS Smart Ration card holders can make several changes in their smart cards through the online portal only. Follow the procedure given below to do the same.
- From the homepage of the official tnpds.gov.in portal look for the smart card related services tab.
- Under that tab, there are several option given which are as follows:
- Add or remove a member
- Change address
- Head member change
- On selecting from these option according to your requirement, a new page will open.
- On that new page you need to verify your registered mobile number through an OTP.
- After that a new page will open where the users can check and edit their details according to the option selected by them.
Check status of changes request
Click on the card related services request status option given on the homepage of the official TNPDS portal under the Smart Card Related Services tab. A new page will open where you need to enter your reference number and click on the submit button. Your change request status will show up on the screen.
Smart Ration Card print from TNPDS Portal
Click on the reprint smart card option given on the homepage of the official portal. A new page will open where you need to verify your registered mobile number through an OTP. After verification the users can download and print their smart ration cards.