Mr. Jagan Mohan Reddy, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh announced a welfare scheme for the state named YSR Kapu Nestham. This welfare scheme is primarily initiated to benefit the women of Andhra Pradesh. Under the YSR Kapu Nestham Scheme, financial support is provided to the women of the state who belongs to the following communities: Ontari, Balija, Kapu & Telaga. A sum of Rs. 75,000 is provided to the beneficiaries of the Kapu Nestham scheme within a time span of 5 years. Beneficiaries of this scheme receive a sum of Rs. 15,000 annually as financial support from the state govt.
According to a recent report from the Andhra Pradesh govt. officials, a sum of Rs. 354 crores are released for the scheme implementation and the amount has reached almost 2.36 lakh beneficiary women of the state. The second phase of the scheme implementation added around 95,245 more beneficiaries and the sum of Rs. 143 crores more were released by the govt. So far the state govt. has sanctioned and spent a sum of Rs. 497 crores for the implementation of the YSR Kapu Nestham scheme. People of the state can access all the scheme information like application, beneficiary list, eligibility guidelines, etc from below.
There is another similar welfare scheme for the farmers of Andhra Pradesh that is the YSR RYTHU Bharosa scheme of AP.
Apply for the YSR Kapu Nestham Scheme
The application for the YSR Kapu Nestham scheme can only be done when the govt. is adding new beneficiaries to the scheme. Whenever the applications open for the scheme, users can follow the procedure given below to apply for it. To create a beneficiary list of the Nestham Scheme, volunteers are appointed to do a door-to-door survey. The list of beneficiaries created by the volunteers is then sent to higher authorities for further checks and verifications and then a final list of beneficiaries is created.
- Open the official Navasakam portal of Andhra Pradesh by clicking on this link or using this URL, navasakam.ap.gov.in.
- Click on the YSR Kapu Nestham option given on the homepage of the official Navasakam portal of AP.
- Click on the download button and a drop down will appear, from that drop down click on the YSR Kapu Nestham scheme option and the application form for the scheme will be downloaded.
- Fill in the application form with all the details asked for in the form and attach all the required documents with the form.
- Now the form can be submitted to the concerned department or to the scheme volunteers.
YSR Kapu Nestham Scheme Eligibility Guidelines
To become a beneficiary of the Kapu Nestham scheme, applicants are required to fulfil all the eligibility guidelines mentioned below.
- This welfare scheme is specifically for the women of the state, so only women can be beneficiaries of this scheme.
- Applicant women must belong to these Ontari, Balija, Kapu & Telaga communities.
- YSR Kapu Nestham scheme is only for the women who are residents of Andhra Pradesh.
- The family income limit is Rs. 10,000 monthly in rural areas and 12,000 monthly in urban areas. If the family income exceeds this limit then the candidate will become ineligible.
- Age criteria is 45 years or above.
- The landholding limit for the applicant’s family is as follows
- 3 acres of wetland or
- 10 acres of dryland or
- 10 acres of both wet and dry land
- Pensioners or govt. employees are not eligible for the scheme.
- No 4 wheeler should be owned by the applicant or their family.
- The applicant’s family should not consist of any income taxpayer.
- Property holding limit in urban areas is a maximum of 750 sft built-up area
List of required documents
please note that the list of documents mentioned below includes the basic douments required for other similar schemes applications. A full list of all the required documents for the application of YSR Kapu Nestham scheme will be provided by the scheme volunteers only.
|Proof of Identity|
|Proof of Resident|
Objectives and Benefits of the scheme
The primary objective of the scheme is to provide basic essentials lifestyles to the women of the state coming from the communities mentioned above. Providing financial support to the women coming from these backward communities of the state also empowers the women of the state. The benefit of the Kapu Nestham scheme is directly provided to the beneficiaries without any intermediaries making the scheme implementation more efficient. The state govt. keep adding more beneficiaries under the scheme with every phase.
Kapu Nestham Helpdesk